Tuesday, July 30, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 27-28

 Well, I am back in stagger mode, wanting to quit so bad but just can't seem to say, "enough." The long runs and the long outside bike rides seem so daunting to get in and the "want-to" isn't showing up to push me out of the house. 

Probably, there needs to be a date set with certain practices accomplished  for a "yes or no go on" decision.  I guess I am truly in over my head on a personal level in trying to do this.  Do  you suppose I have gotten soft and scared?  My knee always reminds me how fragile this all is. It could go south at any moment. Do you suppose I don't want to invest all this long and hot training for something that stands a better than even chance of blowing up in my face? Or, have I finally gotten old, and know it and feel it but won't admit it? 

Yesterday was more working outside plus an hour on my trainer bike plus a bad boy weight and flexibility session for about 45 minutes.  I  haven't stopped by any stretch but I am staggering and would love to hear from God on this one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment