Friday, July 26, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Days 24-25

 Got in a swim this afternoon.  1.2 miles  without stopping.  That's race distance.  However, it is a bit slower than times before my year of absence from swimming.  I feel good about it, but I still don't feel good about my chances to get this bike and run training in like I should.  Prayers have been said about this and all that has come out it is that somehow I just can't quit just yet.  

There have been no days off in almost 40 days and that probably why I feel so tapped out all the time.  However, I am not sure I can get  started again if I stop.  That is how it was running marathons.  If I ever walked just once, it was mostly walking from then on. So, it seems that taking a day of has the same results as quitting altogether. So, I would just as soon quit as take a day off.  If I just quit I could go straight to downtime and not pass go, whereas taking a day off would take more time, pain, and effort before I just quit.  Why not take the easy way out if you want out? 

It has been raining all week and next week promises better weather.  The good weather week will tell the tale on my training.  Buti, I will continue to pray .

No comments:

Post a Comment