Sunday, July 28, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 26 - What's Up?

 Yesterday I did a 3 hour plus bike trainer ride on Zwift.  That was good for me.  I got faster and stronger as it progressed.  So what's up?  Am I farther along than I give myself credit for?  Plus right before the 3 hour ride, I did the Bad Boy strength and weight session.  That took about an hour.  Not a bad day for an older guy or a younger guy either for that matter.  

It makes me wonder maybe I am running out of excuses to fail.  Today I don't feel too bad and that is surprising too. So what's up?  My nutrition has been pretty good and maybe that adds to the positive mix.    I don't mean to draw a lot of abuse here, but I do eat a plant based diet.    For me that is no meat, dairy, eggs, fish and minimal processed foods and watch the sugar.  I know there are all kinds of allegedly better meat-eating plans out there, but this works beautifully for me.  I don't take medicine of any sort on any regular basis.  I can do most of what I could do at 20.  My thinking seems Ok...but that can be suspect since I don't eat meat.  Got to be crazy, right?  

Mentally, little by little I am coming around to being able to more often let things go and train first.  That's a tough corner for me but I am making the turn, and I can feel that and it feels good. 

 So, this is a positive report for a change.  I still don't see how in the world I am going to make it but I will just have to be content knowing God knows the end of my story. I just have to  let that go and go train.

No comments:

Post a Comment