Monday, July 8, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - (Running in a Hurricane) Day 12

 The eye of a hurricane was over us today.  Lots of wind and rain.  Nature doesn't care that I need to train.  But, nature didn't keep me from getting in a short run in the rain this morning before the rest of the bad stuff hit. That felt good to steal the show if only for a moment. 

This isn't new.  I have always loved running in the rain.   There is something liberating about it that I can't explain.  This is the second hurricane I have ran in.  You would think I would be all grown up by now.  But, I hope I don't ever.  Childishness in endurance sports really makes me feel alive.  Thank you God for storms, hard climbs, and rough courses.  

That said, I need to get busy with today's training.  There has been too much slack time and weak excuses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment