Monday, July 15, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 15-16

 Seems like all this is in stagger mode. It is getting hard to find the want to.  The heat and humidity are really bad and I get all tapped out and drained from it.  It is a rough year for this with all the previous rains we've had here.   The humidity is a monster. It is all beginning to seem like such a waste of effort.  There is such gravity to drop down and drop out.  Don't be surprised if the post from the next day is a resignation letter. 

I have done the race distance on the swim and that will be OK, I  think.  The run?  There have been no long runs and no long outdoor bike rides.  My rides have been indoors with the max at 2 hours.  How to get all    this done in this sweltering heat is a real problem.  Doubts and more doubts.  

Maybe I am too old for this game now?  Maybe this is all just a pie-in-the-sky wishful dreaming of an old guy who doesn't want to face his aging,  instead of a real plan ?  

Today, the only thing to do is to take the next step and let God tell me when to quit...........................or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment