Wednesday, July 17, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 18

 The heat index here seems to stay over a hundred.  Did I expect any different?  It seems to be taking its toll on my on my runs.  Afterward, I am  just done.  For instance,  after my hour run this morning, when I finally got cool, I was just done.   Maybe 80 is too old for this sport.?  Maybe God is just showing me so I won't question and won't whine about having to give this beast up?  I don't know.  Another day of full realization that I am truly in over my head.  

I got in a short indoor bike ride and did a full body weight, strength, and flexibility session.  So I guess it wasn't too bad.  Truth be said, I really want to quit about now.  I don't know, maybe age 80 makes me war weary and I am ready to settle in with no more wars.  I have been at this endurance sports thing for over 40 years.  

I try not to make any decisions when I am tired or discouraged or haven't prayed about it. There is a consideration to do another half ironman ( Oilman Triathlon  November 10th)  about a month later than Waco 70.3.  It would give me time in cooler weather to prepare and perhaps have a better chance.  It's a thought.  But I am very tired, somewhat discouraged, and haven't  prayed much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment