Friday, July 12, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 14-15

 Two weeks and I  haven't quit yet.  Lots of things have come against this effort but thing always do come  up we I want to commit to something full on and all out. Through it all I get the feeling I am building some slight momentum.  I have stumbled and doubted but not fallen yet. I have lit a match in the darkness, it seems.  

Yes, there is a change, ever so slight.  The ability to say "no" to some things as increased slightly.  Thats a plus in all of life.  Perhaps, this kind of growth is what this journey is in large part about.  

I did a good indoor bike the last two nights and a good run yesterday and good interval-type treadmill run today.  The times really stink but I trust God for growth there. I need to get out on the road and take the risk on my road bike. 

I have the support of my wife who tells me to "do it, try it, however it turns out. Its who you are and what you want to do." Yeah, how can I fail except by not trying.  Thank you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment