Saturday, July 13, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 14

 I am really tired and "want to" has left the building.  Oh my, but these are the days that try me and can break me.  So, it is a huge temptation to resist;  today I want to quit.  Today, I could easily settle for a sedentary life of lethargy and think I would be happy doing it.  

This is where the benefit of experience shows up.   The moment says "forget all this." But the battered spirit says, "give yourself time.  You've been here before.  This will pass."  It is so easy to forget that I had a couple hard run and bike efforts yesterday plus worked digging on our septic system in the heat.  It is easy to forget what you did yesterday to bring you to this level of fatigue and easy to ignore the Hope for tomorrow that is offered.   

In the beginning I  asked for God to take this training over.  So if I am supposed to be tired and  have been set up to rest  today, OK.   Maybe I should do that?  Then I'll wait for plans for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment