Friday, August 2, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 29-30

 I almost wrote this blog was the end of the journey but couldn't or didn't do it.  Maybe tomorrow.  It seems the farther I slide down the  hill on the will to go on, the more I seem to bounce back with more effort and planning. This could be a gift from God and an indication that I should go on.  But then again, it could be just my stubborn pride not letting me let go and do the best thing.  Right now, I don't know which it is and I am just going to go on; one more day, maybe one more week. 

Then again, isn't this fun, riding against the wind.  How can I fail? No one expects an old creeper to do this.  The worst that can be is that I have had a good wrestling match and stretch myself to go farther than I thought I might.  The other option is I could have better used that time watching the news, getting angry and experiencing various ways to feel really depressed and fearful. 

So I go on until I get the clear sound from God to quit, I 'll just follow the  trumpet sound to charge on with my training.  Thank you God however this turns out, it has been a great experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment