Monday, July 1, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 6

 An easier day, I guess.  Since the last three weeks have been a lot heavier than most other times during this year, I thought it time to back off a bit.  

It's my usual way to go from can to can't when I decide to do something. That's works against me sometimes. I don't know how many times at  this time of the year, training for fall endurance sports, that I l lived in a state of exhaustion and brain-dead thinking.  The heat and the training pretty well tap me out most years There isn't a lot left for others or myself.  Then I am forced to take a day off or two.  But the training doesn't get going again because I have taken myself in way too deep and the fatigue doesn't just go away at the first invitation. 

Today, I did the "bad boy" weight, strength and flexibility exercise session.  In that are 60 push-ups.  It is amazing how much easier that gets as I continue this regimen.  Last year I did 81 push-ups on my 80th birthday  (the one extra push-up was for next year in case I am no longer living). 

I also went to the  health club to try out using a treadmill. It worked pretty good.  My knee started hurting midway through but gave up and settled in to doing its duty. I think this is going to work out to maintain a faster run.  

Came  home and did 30 minute plus bike ride with some hard intervals, then got on the tractor and started on some work I have been putting off.  

And that was my easy day.  This may not work out for Ironman Waco 70.3 but even if it doesn't I am enjoying the journey.  Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment