Sunday, June 30, 2024

An 80 Year Old's Journey Toward Ironman Waco 70.3 Oct 6th - Day 5

 Not a bad day. Did the "Bad Boy" workout with weights, push-ups, planks and a long list of other exercises. It takes a little over an hour but I don't count it toward the total hours of training for the week. I did a 2 hour plus indoor trainer ride and got intense with it toward the end. Yeah, I feel good about it. 

Cannot help but wonder how I will bear up when training ramps up a notch.  This will probably be my best week of the year, but this has been quite the year of setbacks.  Storms, floods, flooded in, COVID, the flu, a tree fell on the house, outdoor plumbing tore up, the air conditioning went out, our well quit and the brakes started screaming like the wheels were coming apart. Nothing has happened in the last few days.  We will see.

I have thought about it, but I am surprised I have not pulled the plug and given up yet.  It would be very easy.  Who would really know or care except my wife.  She thinks I can do it.  Silly girl, seems to see me larger than life.  I guess a goal would be to become the person she thinks I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment