Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Who Cares?


There is a song with the words: "May the footsteps that we leave, lead them to believe and the life we live inspire them to obey." On my birthday I was talking to my doctor arranging my MRI and I noticed this picture here in his file. All these years I had no idea he had even more than a casual professional interest in what I do. Are there others? I think so. On my birthday card my son wrote how much he admired the training discipline that I had shown and how he would like to be able to emulate that discipline in his own life.
Sometimes things get me down in this lifestyle. Sometimes the fatigue is oppressing. Sometimes I just want to quit and take up watching television, and become as old as my years. But, to whom much is given; much is required and I have been given much and consequently there is much required of me. Those blessings I have been given exact a responsibility that should not be shirked just because things get tough. And so it is with the rest of our lives and our faith life as well. It is incumbent upon us as recepients of the gift that "those who come behind us find us faithful."

Check Spelling

No comments:

Post a Comment