Monday, December 7, 2009

I Do Believe

It is cold and raining outside. Weather has been cold and damp for a while. Training has been limited and unmotivated. My shoulder hurts all the time, and physical therapy doesn't seem to be doing any good. There is the likely prospect of a future operation. All of this is a far cry from the hope and prospects six months ago when the training was going full steam.

However, it is my birthday and wishes for a happy birthday abound; I am loved. I do believe that I am loved by God as well. And, I believe that as deeply in the face of present disappointments. As low as the moment may seem, I believe I will be taken higher through His power and His Grace. Beyond this winter; beyond my winter, there is spring; there is hope; eternal Hope. I want to be like the bird who sings before dawn while it is still dark. This I do believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment