Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To Remain a "Restless Warrior"

Yesterday the MRI report came in describing the fact that I have tendon ruptures in a couple places in the shoulder. It looks like surgery and rehab are under my Christmas tree this year.
This is not the vision I had for the new year but it is the vision I am dealt.

The challenge will be not to give in to the ease, comfort and passive lifestyle of a health care recepient but to remain a "restless warrior," seeing this setback as an opportunity to heal and regroup rather than a place to just lay it down; to become a fat old man.

So today I am fasting today, more or less to implant a discipline against the seductive lifestyle of which I will be forced to partake. And I will be praying for a strength that is far above my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment