Monday, August 20, 2018

Ironman Diary Day One -

Ironman Diary Day One - 

Officially, I  began a formalized training program for Ironman Texas 2019 two weeks ago.  However, sometimes ideas come a little late such as this one.  But, I want  to track the thoughts and experience of the Ironman Life if only for myself.  If someone else gets something positive out of it, that would be great too.

 For me, the Ironman Life is not just about the training and the event.  They are just parts or benchmarks of the journey. The discipline and letting go required of living the Ironman Life and how to effect that is the larger story; the Miles of the Journey.  If I go through all this without learning some  profound things about myself, without it positively impacting the quality of my life and the richness of my faith, then the journey will not be quite as successful. 

The past two weeks have been good and motivation has been high.  Today, again I am making a late start I am sorry to say and I have a 6 mile run and a 20 mile bike.  The run will be tough in the heat.  I haven't done my morning exercises -  I have been doing these daily for 80 +days now and running everyday as well. My bad knee is only getting stronger, praise God. 

I have been keeping myself motivated by posting pictures of my last Ironman effort on my desktop.  I see these and the feeling of that comes back and I so look forward to the experience.  God bless me this day and every day on my Miles of the Journey.

T                                                        The morning of: need that coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment