Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Ironman Diary Days 8 and 9

Easier days and both about the same.  Short everything.  I did get in a 2000 meter swim which was good.  But, I am hoping to get some recovery in for a few days before continuing on.

And, it seems, that the when I start doing less, I beging to doubt I will ever make it at the ironman; or I even be able to complete the training.  When I do less, more seems so much harder to envision.  Isn't that so much like life?  We seem to respond to our present momentum. Or, the law of inertia:  "
a body in motion tends to stay in motion and a body at rest tends to stay at rest."

I have to fight the impulse to think about my age  and its prescribed limitation and how so few people my age even finish one of these thing.  I have to steel myself away from my lesser self so I don't believe the standard copy prescibed for a man my age.

But, I am not on any prescriptions; medical or otherwise.  I am not like the standard issue American man my age.  I have fought with myself to be a different kind of man, and tonight I ask God to help me continue in that fight.  And, as far as this ironman thing: live or die, fail of succeed: to God be the glory.   It's all about You, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment