Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Ironman Diary Day 3

This was suppose to be a light day, but it was a real chore to get the couple small workouts in.  Tired? Yes, and I feel a little weird; have a headache, sniffles  and feel funny somehow.   Could it be that the last couple of days that  I mowed on my tractor - which has an exhaust leak somewhere I can't find - that I sucked in too much diesel exhaust - not healthy, I know.   Stupid?  So agree.

This is all said to say this:  I know better.  I should have done better.  But isn't it this way sometimes in all areas of life? We turn aside to what we pretty much know is not good for us for  a diversion from purpose  to pursue some momentary reward of a task or indulgence. 

When I started this journey, I made an "Ironman life" document that covered all these things I would need to do - and not do - to maintain discipline and purpose toward the goal; to
"keep my eye on the prized."  One of those things was to avoid undue outside work. Certainly diesel huffing would qualify as a negative ironman life activity. 

So all there is to do is try to get well; tell God I am sorry that I have wasted it so; and get on moving to the rhythm of the purpose.  A 50 mile ride awaits me tomorrow; another mile of the journey.  No diesel today. Hope and purpose for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment