Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ironman Diary Day 4

A couple days this week I was too tired to finish a workout.  Could I need a rest?  Today, I only rode 30 instead of the planned 50.  Am I getting too old for this?  I am 74 flirting with 75 years old isn't this too old for the grind, the heat, the day after day thing?  If things remain the same there is no way I could do an ironman. 

All I know, really, is to just keep going, ignore the shortened workouts.  Try to get some rest, eat well and keep moving forward.  Isn't that the essence of the ironman mindset?  See,.I am almost there already. 

I think feeling this tired and worn out and yet believing it will get better, is essentially, exercising my faith. So, my body and my faith got exercised today.  Today still, I am thankful for that and the opportuity God has given me to try this ironman thing yet again, and to exercise my faith in the bargain.  I am blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment