Sunday, August 26, 2018

Ironman Diary Day 7

A full week of chronicling my latest ironman journey.  Yes, I have been on this track a half dozen times before.  I would imagine those around me are tired of hearing about my ironman stuff:  old news, one failure or aborted attempt after another:  Ho Hum.

And so, I don't talk about my ironman venture much.  I might with people online but I am pretty much a secret agent for ironman here.   That's OK.  This is for God anyway. 

Sometimes it would be nice to share when this stuff gets hard.   Take today.  I didn't sleep well at all and woke up  feeling awful.  Coffee only made it worse, and I wondered how I was going to get the long run of the week done?   One step and then another was the only option and I did that.  Oh my, how many times have I done that; pulled a good run out of a bad morning; made a beautiful ending from an ugly beginning.  It  was good training for going on when I  feel rotten; good ironman training.   Two hours and fifteen minutes later, it was over.  There was gratitude, there IS gratitude.  And gratitude brings hope for tomorrow and the rest of the  miles of the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment