Friday, August 24, 2018

Ironman Diary Day 5

Had good workouts today.   I eat on a plant based whole food eating plan - no meat, dairy, eggs, milk, cheese, limited sugar, a little fat and oil as possible.  One of the great benefits to this eating plan that I have observed is that I seem to recover better than when I ate these things several years ago.  As an elder athlete conventional wisdom says I am supposed to recover more slowly, but that hasn't been the case.

What a blessing to be this old and this able all at the same time. Gosh, I hope I always have this sense of gratitude I do now for all God has given me.  This ironman journey, and this effort is for God first and my prayer is that He take it, use it: take me, use me.  I don't need the praise, but I need to give Him the praise for all He has done through even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment