Friday, August 31, 2018

Ironman Diary Days 10 and 11

Slow going this week so far and I think I needed this time.  I find quiet time, being alone and just thinking or taking all this in, is really refreshing.  Maybe this is as necessary as the hard training? The last two days I could lay down and the legs would feel like they were going "ahhh." 

However, I am behind on getting my long rides here.  The weather is so hot and humid that the long stuff outside doesn't seem that wise.  I am doing well healthwise as I have for years.  This has to be a blessing from God.  Sure I have my bad days sometimes, especially following  workouts in the heat and humidity, but I recover and can move on. 

Looking back at my records I find that I have averaged over 15 hours a week training over the last 5 weeks; the hottest part of our summer.  And that does not include the daily morning strength and flexibility workouts that lasts about 30-40 minutes.  I have ran everyday for over 111 days and I am an old guy.  This is not a brag. This is an expression of gratitude for my resilence, gratitude for finding this plant based eating program, gratitude for the life force and capabilities that God has extended me, and gratitude for the Grace of God, a  saving faith, that tells me however this turns out; God's got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment