Monday, February 27, 2012

"All Things Work Together for Good."

My bike course wasn't that bad, but there were several bunches of dogs along the route. I have been bitten three times in the last five years, and in two of the three cases, the dogs did not have rabies shots. I love dogs. Some slowed me down by getting ahead of my front wheel and eventually stopping me for a pet-athon. That wasn't so bad at all. But some dogs just seem to want to be unfriendly, no matter what.

The last time I was bitten-about 3-4 months ago-I sort of flew off the handle at the owner. I didn't curse or call names, but one could tell I was not a happy camper. Sure didn't like what that did to me. So, after about ten years of riding back and forth on that road, I don't ride it anymore. They can have "dog row."

Because of these incidents, I was forced to seek other routes and I have found one: twice as long a route, more hills, steeper hills, less traffic, much more challenging, and NO DOGS! YES!

I can feel it, getting in much better shape on the bike with these harder workouts with no stops for dogs. This is working out so well, I am glad something moved me out of my comfort-zone route to find meaner pastures - tougher routes. It all turned out for the best. Sometimes it may take a dog bite to get me to take a bigger bite out of training, out of myself, out of life, and a bigger step into my calling. Thank you God.

"All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8;28