Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lost and Found

The front wheel has been missing since Decemeber 17, 2011. I had loaded the bike in the pickup but left the wheel leaning on the truck. When I got home, I realized I had left my wheel on the side of the road but a trip back showed the wheel was gone. It was a good wheel-worth over two hundred dollars counting the new Continental tire on it.

Today, March 1, 2012, I decided to go on and do two 20 mile loops instead of one. When finished I was about to load my bike when a car pulled up and a little man got out. He asked could he see my bike. Of course, I will brag on my bike to just about anybody, so I agreed. I asked was he going to buy one and he said, "no sir, is that a new wheel on the front of your bike?" I told him it was an old wheel I was using to replace the one I lost. He then went on to explain that he had found a wheel there a couple months ago. Everytime he went into town, he would drive by this site to see if a bike rider might be there, to see if it might be his wheel. He then told me to follow him on to his house, where he gave me the wheel.

What are the odds? This has to be a God thing. To think that it was a man with a heart like that, that found my wheel, that he was so determined to get it back to its owner.

The world is not "going to hell in a handbasket." There are good people out there, ready, willing and committed to "doing the right thing." My task, as I see it, is to insure that I am one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment