Friday, February 3, 2012

Tending the Row

This is a dirty business. No training yet today as my morning has been spent in the garden. Fresh spinach and collards abound there, but they must be harvested, cleaned, and the ground prepared to plant their replacement. There is something of a connection working in and with the soil. That rich fertile soil just looks like dirt but it is growth potential waiting for the seed.

Maybe I don't look like much either, but I like to think that I have that growth potential too; that I might take the seed and grow it to fruitful harvest. If I tend my garden well, it will produce a variety and abundance of healthy foods.

Time to eat a fresh spinach salad, then put on my running shoes, go for a run, and tend this row in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment