Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Snake That Didn't Bite

We had rode hard in the half-light and pouring rain the other night. My son and I were on a lightly traveled road heading back to the truck. It went well. It was exhilarating.

Today, I was checking my bike tires and found a slight bulge in an area of my back tire. Inspecting it further revealed that the tread was separating from the tire pretty dramatically in some places. My goodness. I had been out there in bad conditions unaware that my tire might be about to come apart.

It was the last ride for my son as he will be moving away. How awful it would have been to pollute that perfect experience with a tire coming apart in a pouring rain. So, I smiled and said, "thank you God. I appreciate the time out from trouble." And, I wonder how many other bad experiences I have been protected from where I was unaware of that protection. How many snakes in life have I walked right by that didn't bite me?
Emanuel-God is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment