Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You Can Visit But You Can't Stay Here

Early morning, peaceful in the country, sitting in the swing welcoming the fresh day. Ah,really nice but the sun comes on up, a little warmer as time passes. I can't stay here. Life would atropy. I have a one hour run and a a two hour bike on my schedule for today. Time to get moving, to forge on forward and in the training provide contrast to the peacefulness and ease of the morning, making tomorrow at dawn even that much better.

"The woods are lovely dark and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep."
Robert Frost from the poem "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening."

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture you paint. I would love a porch swing! And how right you are, it's the contrasts in life that bring the joy. The swing wouldn't beckon if the workouts didn't work us so hard, and the workouts might not beckon if we didn't have some leisure to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete