Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hand to the Plow and Not Looking Back

Today, I was making rows with my pushplow to plant peas in one of my gardens. The first row had a high meander factor, you might say and I had to go back and get it straightened out. The next rows, I did what I always do but had forgotten: I found a point at the end of the row as my goal. By staying focused on that point, the plow is pushed straight. No looking back.

For me, training is like that. I do best when I just set my goals, and just do it. When I stop and think beforehand too much, I can be deterred from the straight path. My race schedule is set for this year. I am committed to the straight row to finishing a half ironman distance event in October this year. No need to look back. Just train. Follow the plan.

After gardening chores were done I went in and signed up for the next event on my schedule.

"-----no man having put his hand to the plough and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62

No comments:

Post a Comment