Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Staying the Course

Today, I was doing an hour plus training video on my indoor training bike. The video shows the clock counting down to the end of the workout. At about thirty minutes into it, I was tired and looking for a good place to quit plus a fool proof excuse to get me out of pushing through the last half hour of this workout. No excuse seemed adequate and while I pondered how I could get off this bike and still feel good about myself, I just kept going. And I just kept going on until the entire workout was done. Thank God, I was unsuccessful in finding something that would cover my personal weakness. Thank God indeed, for there are many times in training and in our faith walk that we want to quit and get comfortable and let our lives be controlled by our weaknesses. Thank God, He has the power to lift us up beyond ourselves to finish the course; to finish the training video.

"When you think you can’t keep going, you can. When you think God is not that big; He is - and bigger. When you think He can’t; He can; He will and more."

http://www.ihfootsteps.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment