Monday, March 22, 2010

Failure Isn't Final

Last Fall I had completed 35 weeks of training for a half ironman when my Mother was hospitalized for an operation. Things went from bad to worse and when things leveled out, I had to have rotator cuff surgery. Now, with that behind me and my recovery almost complete, I have found the will to begin again. Today, I begin my training plan for the same half ironman I had to cancel last year. There is a song that goes, failure isn't final with the Father. Failure opens doors to start again. And falling only hurts for a season, and starting over brings new life again.

Today, I embark. My hope, my faith, brings new life again.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the start of your HIM training. When I was 25 I trained for IM Canada, but didn't make it to the starting line because I was very sick. I finally got to train for IM again 15 years later, and crossing the finish line was that much sweeter because I had made it back to try again. I wish the same for you on your training and racing journey this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete