Sunday, May 26, 2024

The Worst of Days

The worst week in many, many years.  I just turned everything loose and let it go. Not much athletically was accomplished except I kept up my flexibility and weight regimen.  Something wouldn't let me give in  completely.  It didn't all fall.  For me it is quite certain this half hearted lifestyle can ever be made peace with and followed as a plan (or no plan) for life. There is the caged feeling to be dealt with and pacing the bars of the cage has left me so restless.  

Maybe no one notices but I keenly sense it:  I am not myself.  How many others out there face this down themselves?   The strange country visited with myself this past week has shown me that even at age 80 "I won't go gentle into the night"  

There was a lot learned from last week.  Failure and down times has shown me that my training is an important  connection to God  in my life.  It is hard to believe He wants any of us to settle for less than what we can do.   Realizing all that, no, it wasn't the worst of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment