Monday, May 6, 2024

Sweating Out Ironman Fever

 I believe it was Thoreau that wrote something to the effect that "a man thinking is always alone."  That's philosophical stuff and I love philosophy but my case is much more low brow than that.  People in my life are tired of hearing of me talk about this ironman thing all the time.   That keeps me alone most of the time.  B

Since I have been following the latest Ironman Texas my thinking has degraded to little more than  trying to figure out  how I could somehow cheat age and circumstance and do this bad boy ironman.  Bottom line is I am temporarily (temporarily I  hope) insane.  

Right now I am trying to wait this out without doing something stupid like signing up for the event.   I got over my very light case of COVID in 4-5 days.  But, this case of Ironman-itius, is really hanging on.  Maybe I should go to the doctor or do one of this virtual visits and ask for some medicine to relieve the symptoms of this disease?  Or, if it is an addiction, maybe I could  get some substance abuse therapy.  But what substance am I abusing?  I guess this consuming addiction is preventing the acquisition of any common sense and  rational judgment I might have a chance at.   I really don't know.  

I keep praying but so far I can hear a clear answer.  And so, as another day passes of my illness, I will go to bed and count miles of the ironman instead of sheep.  Maybe tomorrow this ironman fever will break.

No comments:

Post a Comment