Sunday, February 12, 2023

Running the Last Lap Well

 In the words of James Brown, "I  feel good."  For someone checking off this year to 80 years old, it seems out of place to feel this good. I think the fast had something to do with it, but I think overall lifestyle has something to do with it as well.  I eat whole food, plant based and try to limit stress and aggravation as much as possible.  

 I know at this age that I don't have a long term lease on this apartment but I want to live as much real life as I can right up  until the day my lease is up.  So, I going all in on what I love, while I have health and ability.  As I lean into life to wring its last succulent drop of nectar, these are the things I want to do:

I want to be active:         doing hard physical work; tough mental work; training. 

I want to be brave:         confronting what scares me like in triathlon and other endurance sports.

                                        confronting what disturbs my spirit and lessens my ability to live out my                                                    remaining days  well.  

I want to be loving:        Not holding back but expressing love felt. Leaving no love unsaid.

I want to risk more:        I really have nothing to lose anyway.  Why hold back?  I am going to sign up                                            for a half Ironman at this time when I have trouble walking.  I want to some                                            sprint triathlons before that. Tall order for a limping old man.  But I have found                                         God in those struggles over the years and succeed or fail, I know I will find                                            Him in my efforts and --------------------

I  want  to be closer still to God - As I am more or less packing for the trip to His house, I want to have an even more intimate relationship with Him.  I intend to pray more and have cause to smile more, laugh more, and live more until I am called to my true home.

No comments:

Post a Comment