Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Again

 Again, I want to start.  Again, I want to get out on a bike. Again, I want to run.   So, I am blogging -- again.  The bike wreck broke me up mentally and physically pretty bad in September and the consequent down time healing has left me athletically listless.  I want out of that rut and back on the road.  Again, I want to be that man in motion.   

There hasn't been too much of a weight gain but to get rid of those pounds and to firm resolve, I am going to fast for 48 hours.    I want to put this out here in order to burn my bridges behind me to counter that impulse to retreat that is sure to come.  At this age, I am not sure how much and how far I can take this.  So, I am going on and planning on taking this on like a young man and if God has other plans:  so be it.  I can accept that.  

My last meal was a huge bowl of fruit.  I know.  It is easy to be bold about fasting on a full stomach.  OK, here we go:  48 hours of only liquid.  I pray I will do well and find the better part of myself - again.

No comments:

Post a Comment