Monday, October 4, 2021

Ironman Texas Training Week #3 - Rocky Road

 Seems like every ironman venture gets to this spot in training and the dogs of war come out after me.  Lots of personal things that had to be taken care of have arisen, leaving me off my nutrition, behind on my schedule and a little exasperated.   Now, it is a chore to gather myself back up and make another effort forward on this journey.  This is where it is at: the real challenge is the day-to-day, in my opinion.  The event is full of inspiration and motivation to keep going as long as you possibly can, but the day-to-day, suffered out alone, for me is the biggest challenge of all:  the will to go on when you just are at your end before it even begins. 

My team is behind in this game and it is going to take a long drive to get it team rolling toward the goal line.  The saying that God will bring you through what He brought you to. I do hope He wants me to go on through,  because I really think that is where my heart is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment