Sunday, October 10, 2021

Ironman Texas 2022 Training Week #3 - Sunday Morning - The Hope Within Me

 This training week is about over and it has been a good one.  The problem might be that it is I may be getting ahead of itself.  I don't want to be overcooked already in December for an event in April.  This coming week #4 is full of family obligations which should slow me down some.  So even an interruption may be good.  Getting started back may take some inertia overcoming though. "A body at rest tends to stay at rest."  

Yesterday was Ironman Texas 2021.  It was a lightly attended event probably for several reasons but at least they got it in.  That leaves me hopeful that the 2022 event has a good chance of coming to fruition.  It was exciting to share all the pre and post race excitement with the participants on the Facebook group and it left me hopeful for that same excitement in a bit over 6 months.

My test is to try to not get all heady and pumped up and put God off His front and center onto a back burner somewhere to be called if needed.  I need Him front and center whether I realize it at the time or not. The need is still there.  Of course, this is too big for me at age 78 to get through by myself.  I must take care always to realize what desperate straits I am in and not be led to believe otherwise by the glitz and excitement that is so much fun.  

This is all good and I can't wait to get back to the schedule after this coming week is over.  Thank you God for the Hope within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment