Friday, October 29, 2021

Ironman Texas 2022 Week #5 - The Beauty of Each Day

 Taking a sort of rest day. Had my first cramps in a while last night and have residual soreness in more than a few spots.  I think it might be the more intensive work on the indoor trainer, but who knows.  It could also be  that I am just too old and beat up for all this.  Word on the street says this is a big bite for an old man.  Last night I read that men 75-79 comprise only .7 percent of ironman participants.  I could say I am one in a hundred but it is less than that really. But, until I stop and find a reason to feel sorry for myself I really don't think that much about how old I am or my slim chances of getting through.  When it scary I just don't look down if at all possible.  Worrying about what's coming after me would only lessen the beauty of the present moment.  What is to lose that won't be lost eventually anyway? Why not be quite different?

The child in me is still  giggly at the prospect of actually finishing Ironman Texas 2022, and I am into protecting children from the world. In this case I protect myself as best I can by keeping my head in the sand about my age. This is my fifth week at this and I am still standing, "haunting the outskirts of my time," moving forward, however slowly and painfully with the beauty of each  day being enough. The hope that is freshened and inspired by this  morning time of my journey is God's adventure for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment