Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blurred, Beautiful Moments

"Either good outweighs the bad or we forget the bad...." is a line from on old country and western song by Tom T. Hall. Looking back at my 30 years in endurance sport, the past has blurred to beauty. There have been no bad events, no bad experiences. Oh I have hurt horribly during some events, and I have disappointed myself countless times in my performances. But even the tough times, the disappointing times, breathe a smile upon reflection. It was all good.

And with that smile embraces a hopeful future of other events; successes and failures, disappointments and exhaltations. The best is yet to come. The pleasant memories are just that, but the future is before me, to be lived; and to join my collection of blurred, beautiful moments that make me smile. Thank you God.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a nice way to think! You make it all sound so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting-thanks Jennifer. It is exciting on so many levels, but ultimately I think I am having trouble growing up; thank God!

    ReplyDelete