Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stop Digging !

They say that the first thing you need to do when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging. I am into my third day of no training whatsoever. It has been a while since I have been in this kind of hole. It doesn't look like it is going to get any better unless something changes; unless I stop digging. Oh, I could blame a variety of things besides myself, but I think it is time to stop blaming and digging and climb out of this hole. Is there really any other good choice? What happens if I just keep keeping on like this? Given time, this hole I am digging for myself could change my identity, my own self-image, degrade my own self-respect. I could be buried in this hole.

Multisport has been chosen as my lifestyle, and though it wears me out at times, I love all that goes with it. I am not ready to change identities. It is what I am called for and who I am called to be. So, throwing this shovel down, and climbing out of this hole into the light again.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on climbing Marv, You can do it I know you can. I would be happy to get down on my hands and knees so you could stand on my back to achive your high point.

    God Bless my friend.

    ReplyDelete