Thursday, March 3, 2011

If I Want Doors To Open

"If you want your boomerang to come back, first you've got to throw it." If I want doors to open, I must first turn the doorknob.

This idea is not original with me, but a pearl gleaned from being a follower of a blog called The Doorknob Chronicles. http://thedoorknobchronicles.blogspot.com/ Thank you Steven.

Getting out the door is that first step to overcoming procrastination, lack of commitment, love of creature comfort. I have found that life is nothing like going into a supermarket with automatic doors. In my own life I have found that anything truly of value comes from turning the doorknob, and opening the door for myself. Can it be said that the door to the outside of ourselves is the barrier that appears to keep us safe, but in reality keeps us hostage to our lesser selves? The door we hide behind just might be to our jail cell.

That first step outside just might challenge me to overcome; to be all God would grow me to; and it begins with turning the doorknob, and passing over the threshold of my fears and weaknesses to be brave upon the world I was created for.

1 comment:

  1. WOW great post Marv. Thank you so much for the mention and the link. I truly believe that God works through you. Your words and your honesty. You are truly a great man.

    ReplyDelete