Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hammering Under Water

There was no other way to do it. The pier I had built needed cross-bracing. Start the nail with little strokes, keep the rhythm. The water is sloshing obscuring visibility; I am hammering by faith, not by sight. Just keep to the program, and before long came the solid feeling of the nail being driven home. There are lots of lessons in that, especially as I pursue a training regimen to brace up my fitness, to steady my pier for hard weather, the tough events. But, life itself is like that too. Hammering under water, believing in the dark, gives exercise to our faith in ourselves, our program, and in God.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it does Marv. God has his plan for us. All we have to do is have faith in him and let him gude us through it.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete