Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Positive Deception

Windy bike ride yesterday but I seemed to be going really well. In fact, my speed was really exceptional even going into the wind. Then I remembered that the battery in my bike computer had just been changed and perhaps it had defaulted to measuring speed in KMs? Sure enough. But, the strength of spirit instilled by this positive deception was still with me. I had begun to believe something greater about myself.

It was a reminder, yet again, that the quality of our performance, the quality of our lives is determined pretty much by what we believe is possible and what we believe about ourselves.

Perhaps the mistake in measurement on my bike computer was not a mistake at all but a vision of the possibilities God has invested in me?

1 comment:

  1. I love your insights, and this one is particularly important to always keep in mind. We are the reality that we create with our beliefs.

    For some reason, this post reminded me of the lyrics to a song by David Wilcox:

    "If I had a spell of magic
    I would make this enchantment for you
    A burgundy heart shaped medallion
    With a window that you could look through
    So that when all the mirrors are angry
    With your faults and all you must do
    You could peak through that heart shaped medallion
    And see you from my point of view"

    ReplyDelete