Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Caught From Behind

Coming home from swimming 2000 yards it all caught up with me. I knew I had been overdoing it and I knew that like a slower runner in the lead, that sooner or later I would get caught from behind.

Fatigue is systemic. As the expression goes, "I am poured out like water." It is a "bone marrow' tired that I just can't seem to push through today. So today, I must confess to my humanity, my vulnerabilities and get some rest.

It is these times that give the good training days a richer meaning and a greater appreciation. It is the depth of the valleys that make climbing the mountains the exhilarating experience I seek. Thank God for the whole experience.

1 comment:

  1. When I feel that way, I'm reminded of Tolkien's quote from LOTR: "I feel...thin. Sort of stretched, like...butter scraped over too much bread." -Bilbo Baggins

    Hope you can get some rest and come back refreshed , it's always hard to walk that fine line between training just right, and too much.

    ReplyDelete