Saturday, August 17, 2024

Check and Renew

 Got in over 3  hours of training plus a weight and flexibility work yesterday and this morning on a mountain bike ride I just bonked after a short time.  I didn't see that coming. 

After a records recheck, I could see why.  My workout yesterday was out of my usual comfort zone.  And the last time I did that much I did a very light workout the next day.  

As the Bible says, "The truth shall make you free."  However, if you don't hold the "truth" in memory, it gets lost in the maze of everyday life and expectations.  Knowing the truth from an infrequent encounter is not the same as using the truth God gives us for everyday guidance.  The truth about truth is  we either "use it or lose it."   We can't ignore the truths in life any more than we can ignore the need to exercise without negative consequences.

The truth is like a bike light you can let the battery go dead and forget to check and renew and the next time you need it, you are in the dark So, the lesson from a bonk:  the truth is the path/  Stay with it, refresh it and keep free from going off course.  Check and renew often.  "The truth shall set you free."

No comments:

Post a Comment