Monday, June 27, 2022

Revive Again


 


It has been 4 weeks since the mountain bike wreck and broken ribs.  But, I think I am about healed.  Today I am going to do a light mountain bike ride again.  Of course, I am going through the same spot where I wrecked.  There just seems to be a pull to do that, to face the demons of the past.  

I remember about a year and a half ago, the area where this flower is now was covered in Snow.  It was a dark, bleak, cold time for the world. For me too.  But life and beauty persist in the very place of the cold, dark, and seemingly hopeless.  Such is the flower.  Such is a child of God.  Where the pain from the broken ribs persisted by day, and kept me awake at night, now breathes easily, and the feeling is strong.  I am blooming after the blizzard, despite the blizzard in my life.

Now it is incredibly hot and humid here and outside workouts are tough sweatfests but that too will pass and the now dried up bloom will revive again.  And I will too,.  I will revive again both in this life and in the one to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment