Friday, June 10, 2022

A Scary Look Inside

 For me, the hardest place to look seems to be inside.  I condemn other people and media for putting their own distorted   spin on events and behaviors while never confronting the spin I put on myself.  True self-awareness is hard to come by. - the beast that bites us upon approach.  Most often, self-awareness is a hostile area I really don't want to venture into - the ultimate adventure into the minefield of illusions about myself. .  

Would I want to be my friend if I met me out there in the world.?  What do I talk about that would make me  interesting and inspiring.  Would I want to spend more time with me or get to know me better.?

One day recently I recorded some of my own conversations and found I don't sound as good as I thought I did.    Hmmm.   Maybe that is  why I, along with many people, dwell a lot on other people's faults and crazy notions?

In preparation for  going on yet another endurance sports journey,  I started keeping a log of all the junk I eat every day.   Nutrition is critical for what I am looking toward, and I can't rely on my own nutritional self- perception.  The truth wasn't pretty.  The truth is hard to come by about yourself, but like it or not, its the truth.  I can either change, or go on and feed and fatten my illusions, and probably not live up to the best I could achieve. 

The light of the truth flushes out all  weakness and indiscretions.  Do I really want to see myself as God sees me.  As the Bible says, "no shadow of turning?"  Can I live without shadows to hide myself and all my bad habits within?  God knows, and He doesn't believe our self-spin for a moment.  He wants us to realize and repent to go on to "run the race" He has set before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment