Sunday, June 12, 2022

Coming to Myself Transition

This is sort of a continuation of the previous post about the scary business of being honest with yourself about yourself.   There is a scripture from the Bible that says, "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."  I think that verse is speaking of the truth of the Gospel setting us free from the law of sin and death. 

The truth about yourself will set you free too.  One can't change or improve very well if one does not know or acknowledge what is wrong. Knowing your faults and weaknesses and acknowledging them is the first step to confronting them.  The truth can set you free from self-delusion so you can move forward to be the person God designed you to be to begin with.  You can "arrive at the beginning" so to speak and come to yourself.  

I remember the story in the Bible of the prodigal son  who squandered his life and inheritance in a life of consumptive delusion to find himself broke and a Jewish boy working in pig pens eating what pigs eat.  Then he "came to himself" and began his journey back home, to his family, and to the himself he had left there to follow his delusions. 

It seems I am having a "coming to myself" transition.  I sense a need and a calling to  be more honest with myself and be true to the self I was designed to be. I need to be the same person all the time; no shadows, no false illusions.  And so far, so good.  My lifestyle and nutrition has been much better the last couple of days.  I almost feel the spirit rise up to meet me and help me in this quest for the legitimate self.  Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment