Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Week # 14 Training for Ironman Texas 2022 - New Year - Same Old Nemesis

 COVID is out of bounds as I try to ramp up my training.  Two good training this week were greeted by bad COVID news   personally, nationally, and world-wide.  So many people, so much fear, and illness, and I feel almost ashamed to be worried about my litlle corner of the universe and what I want to do with Ironman.  

Will this ever end or just be one long truce with disease?  Will my family and friends with this be the same coming off this disease, if they survive?  When is it going to be my turn to be sick with it?  How will this impact my training and my pursuit of this dream.  So many unanswered questions and I have left to lean into is God.  God has  got this, no matter.  None of this is the end; not COVID, not the possibly smashed dream, not my own life.  I believe in God and because He lives, I shall live also, no matter.  

So, I move on doing what I am called to do in the face of looming disaster of sorts.  I'll just keep working at it until He hollers "quitting time."

No comments:

Post a Comment