Saturday, January 29, 2022

Week # 17 Training for Ironman Texas 2022 - It's Lonely on the Ledge

This week is about done, and I am just getting the blog out.  My momentum seems to be in sloth mode these days.  My training is going OK: not great.  It seems I need periodic infusions of inspiration for me not to fizzle to a stop.  What does that Mean?  I don't know.  It would be nice to have a little rah-rah in my cornier but largely I do this training in the dark so to s peak.  No one really knows that I am training for anything except my wife.  And whose fault is that but mine?  I think I am afraid to involve others around me because I am afraid they don't care, and I don't want the reality put upon me to face right now. Perhaps that is why?  

In my corner of the world no one knows much about triathlon to begin with.  About all folks know to say when I talk about this crazy stuff is "that's nice," which is the poster child of neutral responses.  Sum all this up and one can say, it is lonely here on this ledge.  

However, all this serves to drive me closer to God.  The emptier my motivational world becomes, the more I find I go to God quicker and depend upon Him more.  Perhaps, that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment