Monday, December 27, 2021

Training for Ironman Texas 2022 - Weeks 12 and 13 - Holiday Hanging On

 Last week was Christmas week and it was a food orgy of sorts.  Trying to train some though all the bad food choices, reaffirmed how important daily nutrition is to sustaining a training program like this.  Week like the one past make me wonder is I am ironman material at all.  

This week I go on with a little more resolve.  Momentum is hard to come back. "A body at rest tends to stay at rest," and so getting this rocket ship off the ground is going to take a lot of personal and physical energy.  This week will more or less determine whether I go on with this or not. If I can't pull myself together and push myself through this, then I don't need to play "let's pretend" that I am an ironman.  

Of course, I have prayed about and I am hoping to hear back in the form of increased motivation and discipline and purpose.  I am hoping that is the case but if it isn't I can do that too.  

So, off to the trainer to get part of my planned workouts done.  God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment