Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Week #16 - Training For Ironman Texas 2022 - Blessed by the Freedom to Fail

 

16 weeks,or 4 months  - I have been at this.  There have been good and not so good weeks, and some just plain mediocre weeks.  However,  I am still moving forward.  My running isn't where it needs to be. Due to the cold weather and the lack of swimming areas in this part of the world, I am not swimming at all.  Of course, I am concerned, but there is a resolute side to this.  

It seems I have more or less decided to just go on and train as best I can and get in the water and get beat up and fail at it,  or get it done and get beat up.  Just do it.  Just go on and do it, and don't fret the sloppy journey to it.  Just enjoy the journey itself.  Not many people get to live like this. Though,  I am pretty not that many  people don't want to. But I wouldn't trade my sloppy, miserable training for anything I have seen other people my age devote their lives to. That's just me.  It is not better. It's not worse. It's just me.

And I thank God for that freedom to be me and to be reveling in my mistakes and shortcomings in this sport.   I thank God for liberating me to be myself, to pursue my passion, and, most probably, fall on my face in this effort.  I am blessed for the freedom to fail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment